Enjoy a relaxing scenic horseback ride through forested trails overlooking the Kentucky River Palisades. Each trail ride is guided by our experienced staff and steady, dependable horses.
Advanced registration is necessary for all rides. Trail rides are offered on many Saturdays through the Fall and Spring months. Unfortunately, due to our busy children’s horse camp schedule we are unable to offer rides during the summer months from May-August.
For Summer Horse Camp please go to www.asbury.edu/summer-horse-camps
Spring 2020 Trail Ride Schedule:
Due to Covid-19 – We are unable to offer Trail Rides this spring.
Please visit this site again for trail rides this Fall.
- $10 – Asbury University Current Students & immediate family members
- $15 – Asbury University Faculty/Staff & immediate family members
- $20 – Community Participants & family members
- $10 – Ponied rides (for children under the age of 8)
A ponied ride is a horse back ride led around our arena by one of our staff members
For REQUIRED registration we will need:
- Date and time of ride requested
- Name of each rider
- Age of each rider under the age of 18
- Weight category of each rider – under 100 lbs, 100-150 lbs, 150-200 lbs, 200-250 lbs
(important- to allow staff to pair you with a “best fit” horse)
- Fee category of each rider (see above)
- An email address to send pertinent information to
- A cell number in case we need to contact you because of last minute weather concerns
PRE-REGISTRATION is REQUIRED!
To reserve a spot, please contact Marilyn Walker
Some Important Things to Know
- Age: Riders must be at least 8 years old for trail rides
- Younger Children: “Ponied” rides offered (horse rides led by our staff in our arena- fee $10/per child)
- Double Riding: Not permitted
- What to wear: Riders should wear long pants and closed toed shoes.
- Arrival Time: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your ride to complete paperwork and preparation.
- Weather: If weather is unworthy of a ride, ride staff will call you. Chance of showers doesn’t mean there won’t be a ride.
- Directions: Link to our map- can be found above. Address is 746 Shanty Hill Road.
- Payment: Made at the time of the ride (cash or checks made payable to Asbury University; We are unable to accept credit or debit cards)
- Permission Waivers: Required (link to printable waiver is above for children under 18 riding without parent/guardian present) – waivers are also available at the equine center
- Previous riding experience: Not necessary
- Personal Horses: Not permitted due to state health requirements
- Helmets (provided): Required
- Rides are approximately 1 hour long
- Riders over 250 lbs are not permitted to ride
- Additional Questions? Marilyn Walker – (859) 858-3511, x2262
Bring a friend or a group. We can accommodate up to 6 people per ride. To reserve a spot, please contact Marilyn Walker or call (859) 858-3511, x2262.