What is Equine Facilitated Wellness?
It’s part of a rapidly growing industry in which mental health professionals and horses partner to foster healing and growth needed by various clients. Those struggling with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, ADHD, post-traumatic stress disorder, sexual/physical/emotional abuse, autism, the developmentally challenged, and those in residential or recovery programs can all benefit from this type of therapy.
The track offered at Asbury University
The Equine Facilitated Wellness Track consists of a double major in Equine Management and Psychology (with an emphasis in Equine Facilitated Mental Health). Students can complete the Equine Facilitated Wellness Track and graduate with a B.A. from Asbury University in four years.
This track is for you if…
You want to combine your interest in working with horses together with a desire to be a channel of God’s love and healing to children, teens, or adults who struggle with mental or emotional challenges.
Our Graduates are well-prepared for…
- Graduate studies
- PATH Intl and EAGALA certification
- Careers in the exciting fields of Equine Facilitated Mental Health, Therapeutic Riding, Equine Assisted Activities, and Equine Assisted Therapies
- Equine ministry settings
- Careers as riding instructors
- Careers in stable or farm management
- Positions in facility and event management, equine business operations, and equestrian organizations