Trail Rides at the Equine Center of Palisades Farm
Enjoy a relaxing scenic horseback ride through luscious forested trails overlooking the Kentucky River. Each trail ride is guided by our experienced staff and steady, dependable horses.
Advanced registration is necessary for all rides.
Scenic trail ride
The one hour trail rides are available on most Saturdays & some Friday evenings (see current trail ride information above for specific dates).
Typical rides times are:
- 6:00 p.m. (can vary depending on sunset times)
- 10:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- Riders must be at least 10 years old
- Pony rides are offered at the same time for younger children
- Riders should wear long pants and close toed shoes.
- Payment is made at the time of the ride (cash or checks made payable to Asbury University; We are unable to accept credit or debit cards)
- Permission Waivers must be signed by a parent/legal guardian of all under the age of 18 (link to printable waiver is above) - waivers also available at the farm
- Riders are skillfully guided by certified ride leaders
- Previous riding experience is not necessary
- All riders wear required helmets (provided) as a safety precaution
- Rides are approximately 1 hour long
- Rides will likely be cancelled if the weather is a challenge. The ride leader or an assistant will contact you if it becomes a concern (light rain does not necessarily mean a ride will be cancelled)
To register we will need...
- Name of each rider
- Ages of all riders under the age of 18
- Fee category of each rider (see below)
- An e-mail address to send pertinent information to
- A cell number in case we need to contact you because of last minute inclement weather
$10 - Asbury University Current Students/ family members
$15 - Asbury University Faculty/Staff & family members
$20 - Community Participants & family members
$10 - Pony rides
Bring a friend or a group. We can accomodate up to 8 people per ride. Ages 10-80 are welcome. To reserve a spot, please contact Marilyn Walker at (859) 858-3511 ext. 2262 or e-mail at Marilyn.Walker@asbury.edu