For students enrolled prior to Fall 2020
CCE073 Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to describe their own cultural orientation and outline the nature of culture differences that exist between the student and their proposed community of engagement. In instances where significant cultural difference is not apparent, students should be able to explain how there are sufficient differences and the proposed experience meets the goals of CCE 073.
- Students will be able to perform a self-guided cultural assessment of a new environment, which will enhance their cultural learning and cultural awareness. The tools and skills gained through the Toolkit will enable them to observe, assess, and determine the best strategies for adapting to and learning from alternative perspectives as well as problem solve in a new environment.
- Students will be able to demonstrate in their final paper the impact of the immersion experience on their own worldview; an increase in knowledge and understanding of other cultures and a heightened cultural sensitivity. Their final paper should be a well synthesized reflection that cohesively brings together their cultural or intercultural experience with the knowledge they gained through their CCE assignments.
- Students will be able to discuss how observing other faiths has impacted the substance and definition of their own faith, and furthermore, students will be able to describe how they might fit into God’s plan of redemption for the whole world and what it means as a Christian to practically serve and appropriately respond to an ever-changing global society.
Steps for Completing CCE073
- Attend a CCE073 Orientation session (90 minutes).
- Submit a Proposal of Intent form for approval of your intended Cultural Immersion Experience. All trips must be pre-approved before participating. The Proposal form is available in your CCE073 Discovery course.
- Participate in your approved Cultural Immersion Experience.
- Complete the Cultural Analysis Toolkit and Reflection Paper assignments in Discovery.
Deadline: Assignments for CCE073 must be completed by midterm of the semester following the Cultural Immersion.
You only need to attend a CCE Orientation once, even if you switch Immersion options. During this session we will review the CCE assignments and discuss the Cultural Analysis Toolkit. Once you are registered for an Orientation Session, you will also be enrolled in CCE073 on Discovery. Through Discovery you will be able to access and submit all of your assignments.