Job Title: Groundskeeper
Reports to: Assistant Director of Facilities
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt, part-time or full-time hours available
Position Description: Maintain all University grounds including main campus, rental property, athletic fields, golf course, subdivisions and farms to University standards in service to students, staff and visitors. An important part of the position is supporting the ministry and mission of the University and advancing the academic excellence and spiritual vitality of our University and students. Each employee plays an important role in the development of the Christian faith in our students.
- Mow grass
- Trim hedges and shrubbery
- Leaf removal, snow, and ice removal
- Wash university vehicles
- Campus moves
- Weed eat
- Cut wood
- Repair fences
- Replace trees
- Accept other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
- Frequently lift 20-45 pound objects
- Occasionally lift and carry 50-100 pounds
- Occasionally work overhead
- Occasionally climb stairs
- Frequently able to climb ladders and clean debris from roofs
- Frequently able to sit, walk, stand, bend and squat
- Frequently able to grasp and perform fine manipulation
- Constantly able to push and pull
- Participation in after-hours snow crew is required
- Majority of work assignment is outdoors
- Position is considered essential and must report to work, if possible, when the institution is closed due to extreme weather conditions and emergency closings.
- Must be able to read and write
- Basic math skills needed
- Must be able to operate a lawn mower and other equipment
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time or full-time on-site position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Potential exists to work some evenings and weekends.
No travel is expected for this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent highly preferred.
- 1 – 6 months of related experience.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam, drug screen, and background check.
- A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Asbury University is an independent, Christian, liberal arts university in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. In the desire to be a more inclusive community, reflective of the Kingdom of God, we especially encourage applications from women and from candidates from various ethnic backgrounds. At Asbury University, employees must display a committed and dynamic Christian faith along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards, and mission. Candidates must agree, support and adhere to University policies and procedures – including the Faculty Manual, Community Standards Guidelines, Human Sexuality Statement, and the Standard of Conduct for employees. Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or handicap in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Interested parties may forward their completed Asbury University Application, resume, signed Application Insert and required essay (located at the bottom of the application insert) to the Human Resources Office via email at email@example.com or by mail at:
1 Macklem Dr.
Wilmore, KY 40390
Department: Maintenance/Service Support
Job Type: Staff
Deadline: Until Filled