Do you like to:
- Work in a warm, friendly environment with competitive benefits and generous paid holiday time to spend with family and friends?
- Serve and impact the lives of students, faculty and staff?
- Work with people who care about you:
- “Coworkers are encouraging and kind!”
- “I feel appreciated…from faculty to staff to supervisors to students.”
- “I like working here because of the comradery of my fellow workers.”
- “I enjoy the Christian environment.”
Asbury University is looking for qualified applicants to fill multiple open custodial positions.
Job Title: Custodian
Reports to: AVP for Facilities and Capital Construction
Position Description: Maintain University property and work areas to University standards in service to students, staff and visitors. The custodian is responsible to sustain the cleanliness and presentation of campus facilities. An important part of the position is supporting the ministry and mission of the University and advancing the academic excellence and spiritual vitality of our University and students. Each employee plays an important role in the development of the Christian faith in our students.
- Clean university buildings and property as assigned.
- Perform routine and specialized cleaning based on facility usage
- Stock custodial closets in dormitories and public buildings
- Clean and sanitize restrooms
- Vacuum, mop, and dust
- Trash collection
- Delivering supplies on campus
- Accept other duties as assigned
Critical Physical Demands:
- Frequently required to lift/move 20-45 pound objects.
- Occasionally required to lift 50-100 pounds with assistance
- Occasionally assist in moving heavy equipment
- Occasionally climbs ladders
- Occasionally sit
- Occasionally work overhead
- Frequently able to stand, walk and climb stairs
- Frequently able to stoop, bend and kneel
- Frequently grasp and perform fine manipulation
- Frequently push and pull
- Job is interior by nature but may include wet work and high humidity
- Shifts or work areas may vary
- Position is considered essential and must report to work, if possible, when the institution is closed due to extreme weather conditions and emergency closings.
- Must be able to read and write
- Basic math skills needed
This position requires the ability to lift 20 – 45 pounds frequently, 50 – 100 with assistance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time on-site position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Potential exists to work some evenings and weekends.
No travel is expected for this position.
Experience and Training:
1-6 months of related experience.
High school diploma or equivalent highly preferred.
Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical exam, drug screen and background check. A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the university’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Asbury University is an independent, Christian, liberal arts university in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition. In the desire to be a more inclusive community, reflective of the Kingdom of God, we especially encourage applications from women and from candidates from various ethnic backgrounds. At Asbury University, employees must display a committed and dynamic Christian faith along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards, and mission. Candidates must agree, support and adhere to University policies and procedures – including the Faculty Manual, Community Standards Guidelines, Human Sexuality Statement, and the Standard of Conduct for employees. Asbury University does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or handicap in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Interested parties may forward their completed Asbury University Application, signed Application Insert and required essay (located at the bottom of the application insert) to the Human Resources Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
1 Macklem Dr.
Wilmore, KY 40390
Department: Maintenance/Service Support
Job Type: Staff
Deadline: Until Filled