Join Dr. Brown and Dr. Wooster for a Live ZOOM immediately following the Commencement celebration on Saturday, October 17 at approximately 1:35 p.m. EDT. All Zoom information will be shared by email from the Provosts office on Thursday, October 15. If you don’t receive it then, please email email@example.com and it will be sent directly to you.
Join us on Instagram for a Watch Party! Follow the official Asbury Instagram Account and on Saturday, October 17 we'll be featuring some of your watch party photos! Check out the suggested categories below and use the hashtag #AsburyUgrad on your posts. Everyone that posts their photos with the hashtag will be entered into our drawing for a chance to win amazon gift cards!
Party Contests & Drawings
- Best picture in your regalia with family or friends
- Best video background during Live Zoom session
- Best watch party snack or meal
- Where are you now? Life update about work, where you live, etc.
- Best baby picture/kindergarten graduation photo
Make sure to use the hashtag #AsburyUGrad on your posts!
Watch Party Snacks
Check out some of the Visionary Class of 2020 favorite recipes and treats!
Maggie's Buffalo Chicken Dip
Serves about 75 people.
- 1 10lb bag of frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese
- 2 envelopes of Hidden Valley Ranch dip/dressing mix
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing for garnish
- Turn 6-quart crockpot on low. Add to it the bag of chicken, then the cream cheese, and cover with the dip mix. Put the lid on the crockpot and let sit 6 hours.
- Once cooked through and fork tender, shred the chicken and then place back into the crockpot. Stir in the buffalo sauce and set crockpot to warm.
- Before serving, stripe the top of the dip with the ranch dressing and more buffalo sauce.
Serves 6-10 people.
- 6 large Haas avocados
- 3 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch (10-12) green onions
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Skin and pit all avocados. Finely chop cilantro and green onions. Juice the limes.
- Add avocados, cilantro, green onions and lime juice to a large mixing bowl.
- Mash with potato masher until you reach your desired smoothness.
- Dice tomatoes and stir into the guacamole.
- Salt the guacamole to taste.
Both dips best served with Prof. Walsh’s favorite tortilla chips, On the Border Café Style!