Assessment at Asbury University
Why do we assess?
Asbury University is committed to Christian integrity and accountability. To ensure we provide programs of the highest quality, our Integrated Performance Assessment System (IPAS) encompasses all facets of institutional policy and practice. Guiding our assessment process, the Strategic Plan 2012-2017 establishes the standards by which Asbury University evaluates and determines institutional effectiveness. The intentional design of IPAS anchors our “Five Big Questions” to the institution’s five strategic initiatives.
These questions both give meaning to the strategic vision as well as guide the development of IPAS:
- How well do we provide a high quality educational experience?
- How well do we provide a spiritually vital community?
- How well do we equip our students for lifetime learning, leading, and service?
- How well do we prepare our students to engage their culture(s) and advance the cause of Christ?
- How well do we provide appropriate resources for fulfilling our institutional mission?
Assessment, within the broader institutional effectiveness process, allows us to answer our primary question, “How well do we fulfill our mission?”