Staff Assistant II-Equine
Job Title: Staff Assistant II – Equine
- Assist faculty with various forms of administrative tasks, assisting with technology, printing, making copies, reimbursements, paying vendors, assisting with event planning, travel plans, and communicating with the appropriate offices across campus to meet their needs
- Order and organize all office supplies, maintaining the allotted budget.
- Process financial paperwork for invoices and reimbursements, keeping detailed records.
- Offer support in the management and organization of promotion, registration, scheduling and volunteers for special events at Equine Center.
- Receive visitors and telephone calls for Equine Center. Work with the Office of Admissions to schedule individual, group, and special visits to the center.
- Work with Office of Strategic Communications to maintain up-to-date promotional materials for the departments and department events, including flyers, webpages, email disseminations, developing program
- Hire and manage student workers and submit and track timecards for all student employees within the program.
- Organize van schedule for students needing rides to classes at Equine Center; Reserve vans for equine class field trips.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable for the Equine Center by timely billing through online software, utilizing spreadsheets to track details of the account, providing Business Affairs with monthly and yearly reports, and following up on past-due accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Year-round accounts management for Service Mounts program: purchasing, invoicing, veterinary information of horses
- Scheduling, maintaining rosters for summer camps programs, including ImpactU.
- Scheduling and registration of trail rides.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time on-campus position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some weeks may require Saturday work hours.
Some travel to special events (e.g. Equine Affaire) may be required for this position.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn new technology systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Independent judgment and administrative assistance experience necessary.
- A committed and dynamic Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Application Process: Interested parties may forward their completed employment application, resume, application insert and required essays (found at the bottom of the application insert) to the Human Resources Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
1 Macklem Dr.
Willmore, KY 40390
Department: Administrative Support
Job Type: Staff
Deadline: Until Filled