The Advising Relationship
Students who have declared a major are assigned a faculty advisor from within their program of study. For those students who are undecided in their choice of major, a professional advisor in New Student Advising is provided.
The responsibilites of the advisor include:
- Providing advisees with accurate information about degree programs and university policy.
- Maintaining on-going communication with advisees.
- Providing support to assist advisees in their decision-making.
The responsibilities of the student advisee include:
- Knowing program and graduation requirements.
- Maintaining on-going communication with advisors.
- Making decisions and taking action.