Aldersgate Commons consists of six apartment-style residence halls. Davis, Fisher, Thacker and Eddy houses contain two-bedroom, four-person apartments. Howell and Pike houses were added in 2001 as "living and learning communities" housing eight students in each suite. Aldersgate housing is intended to provide an opportunity for students to experience apartment-style living while developing citizenship, leadership and community service skills. Housing in Aldersgate can accommodate 140 sophomores, juniors and seniors.
Alumni Student Health Center
The Alumni Student Health Center was built in 1992. This facility, which houses the University's Health Services, is well-equipped to meet the needs of students for both out-patient and in-patient services.
Corbitt Hall (1978) houses the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
Dennis F. and Elsie B. Kinlaw Library
The Dennis F. and Elsie B. Kinlaw Library opened in 2001. This 73,000 square foot, three-floor facility includes computer labs, archives, a curriculum lab, and a media center in addition to the standard space for book stacks and for individual and group study. Students also have access to the B. L. Fisher Library of Asbury Theological Seminary just across the street, the Jessamine County Library in Nicholasville, and the libraries at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. Resources of other libraries are available through interlibrary loan.
Dorothy M. Kresge Residence Hall
Dorothy M. Kresge Residence Hall, housing 243 women, was opened in September 1973 and renovated in 2005. It offers student housing which features small family-style units, which facilitate friendship among resident women.
Built in the 1950's, the original black barn houses 11 stalls, hay loft and a tack room for boarders. The new indoor arena contains a 72 x 180 foot riding area, 14 stalls and space to add more, an office, a classroom and meeting room, tack rooms, storage space, and restrooms.
Fletcher-Early Student Development Center
The Fletcher-Early Student Development Center, originally constructed as a residence hall in 1927, was completely reconstructed in 1983. This building now contains the offices for Student Development. This is the campus center for the supervision of residence hall life as well as counseling services, clinical services, career development, campus ministries, retention programs, multicultural programs, and leadership development.
George E. and Willouise B. Luce Physical Activities Center
The George E. and Willouise B. Luce Physical Activities Center was completed in October 1993. The 70,000 square-foot facility houses the academic program for the physical education/health and recreation majors, the activity classes for the core course, and a faculty office complex. The activity areas in the facility include the following: three court gymnasium; 25 yard, 8 lane pool; weight room with Cybex and free weights; four racquetball courts; 1/8 mile running track; a multipurpose gym; and training room. Additional facilities include: baseball, softball diamonds; athletic fields; running track; outdoor basketball courts; and tennis courts. The baseball and softball fields were completed in 1986 and named in honor of Coach Cecil C. Zweifel.
Glide-Crawford Residence Hall
Glide-Crawford Residence Hall, erected in 1925, accommodates 308 women. It is a traditional residence hall with halls of approximately 30 residents each, coming together for various activities to challenge, support and celebrate. Most rooms are designed for double occupancy.
Hager Administration Building
The Hager Administration Building, built in 1910, was originally the site of a Presbyterian College which ceased operation shortly after the building's completion. The three-story structure houses the administrative offices for the following areas: President, Provost, Admissions, Registrar, Business, Human Resources, Financial Aid, and Advancement. A carillon in the tower of this building provides inspiring hymn tunes and hourly chimes. In June 1993, this building was named in honor of Cornelius R and Ruth L. Hager for their sacrificial service to the Asbury University over many years.
Hamann-Ray Science Center
Named for Drs. Cecil B. Hamann and Paul Ray, the Hamann-Ray Science Center was erected in 1963. It contains 10 classrooms, 10 laboratories, eight preparation rooms, and faculty offices. This facility houses the mathematics department, the Sciences and computer technology.
Hughes Memorial Auditorium
The Hughes Memorial Auditorium, built in 1929, has been the scene of many great spiritual awakenings. With a seating capacity of 1,489, it is used for the three chapel services each week and dozens of special programs throughout the year. This auditorium has witnessed a number of revivals including the world-famous one which began here spontaneously on February 3, 1970. During 1989, the entire ceiling was replaced and an air-conditioning system installed. The lower level of this building provides classrooms and faculty offices.
Johnson Hall is comprised of Main (1948) and two wings, East (1954) and West (1955). It is one of two Men's residencies. Rooms are single or double occupancy.
McCreless Fine Arts Center
The McCreless Fine Arts Center, erected in 1962, is named for the late Dr. S. E. McCreless, former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, and his wife, Mrs. Lila McCreless. The first floor includes 10 office/studios for music professors, three studios for adjunct music faculty, three organ rehearsal rooms, choral and instrumental libraries, four classrooms, a functional piano lab with eight Kurzweil electronic keyboards, a Midi Lab with keyboards and Macintosh computers and Akers Auditorium with 350 seats, which is used for a wide variety of recitals and concerts. Thirty-two music practice rooms are located on the second floor. The second floor also houses the art department with four classrooms and two studios for art faculty. The Art Annex contains the fiber, ceramic and stained glass studios as well as individual studio areas.
Miller Center for Communication Arts
Named in honor of alumnus and former Board of Trustees member Andrew S. Miller, the Miller Center for Communication Arts was built in 2010, and features a 6,050 square foot television studio, additional labs, training areas, and a 5,122 square foot blackbox theatre. The building serves to provide a realistic atmosphere for students planning to work in communication industries.
Morrison Hall, erected in 1923, was the original Asbury Theological Seminary building. It is named for Henry Clay Morrison, fifth president of the University and founder of Asbury Theological Seminary. When the Seminary became a separate institution in 1940, this building became a classroom and faculty office building. In 1980, extensive renovation increased the number of classrooms and faculty offices and added Bennett-Bernard Chapel, an auditorium with seating capacity for 165 persons.
Reasoner Hall, opened in 1992, is a three-story classroom and faculty office building connecting Hughes Auditorium and Morrison Hall. In addition to providing a new aesthetic facade, Reasoner Hall provides handicapped access to Hughes Auditorium.
Formerly the Morrison-Kenyon Library, the Student Center was renovated in 2007. Amenities include a coffee shop, wireless internet, iMac computers, new furniture, sound system, games, meeting rooms, student offices, a TV room, commuter lounge and a deck.
Trustees Hall includes Main (1960) and one wing, East (1965). It is one of two Men's residencies. Rooms are single or double occupancy.
Z. T. and Sarah M. Johnson Building
The Z. T. and Sarah M. Johnson Building was completed in 1965. The two wings of the first-floor cafeteria can accommodate 678 persons. The Dougherty Dining Room, a small, private dining room with a capacity of 52, is located on the ground floor. The second floor includes Z.T.'s Bistro, which is open 12 hours a day for short order meals and snacks, and the University Art Gallery. In 2006, the dining hall was renovated and redecorated.