- Begin meeting friends within your T.A.G. Group. Friendly and familiar faces are a definite remedy for homesickness.
- Go to Orientation! It is very informative and helpful.
- Get to know your T.A.G. Leaders. They can help calm some of your fears about leaving home and not knowing anyone.
- Ask lots of questions. No question is dumb. See your R.A. or T.A.G. Leader.
- Don’t stress yourself out! Just have fun!
- God comes first, then school. The social aspect is good but recognize from the beginning the importance of academics. That’s why you are here.
- Keep in touch with your R.A. and T.A.G. Leader after classes begin. They really do care about helping you succeed at Asbury University.
- Attend those events hosted by your Class Advisors. What FUN!
- ALWAYS go to class. There is no one telling you to go, and it is easy to fall into the habit of skipping. That goes for chapel, too!
- Don’t get behind! Start doing your homework and reviewing notes right from the start.
- Within the first week of classes, introduce yourself to your professors. You will feel more comfortable approaching them later if you have problems and concerns.
- Don’t let yourself get pressured into something…just because!
- Don’t compare yourself to others. What is good for your roommate isn’t always the best thing for you.
- Get to know your roommate. Learn to deal with conflict. Learn to compromise.
- There are a lot of people here to help you if you have problems, but you must be willing to “help them find you.”