Preparation for Marriage
The Preparation for Marriage seminar is designed to equip couples with the skills to make a healthy transition to married life and encourage a deeper intimacy with each other and with Jesus Christ. The seminar is usually held over two weekends in February, and is open to engaged couples who are undergraduates, Grad Students and APS Students of Asbury University in Wilmore, KY. Alumni may also attend. Asbury Theological Seminary students and couples in the Wilmore Community may also attend, but preference is first given to Asbury University students..
After this seminar, couples will be able to...
- Prepare for marriage, not just the wedding
- Identify strengths and growth areas through education, testing, and reflection
- Communicate & resolve conflict relationally
- Develop a responsible financial plan
- Connect with marriage mentors
- Grow closer to God & each other
The Preparation for Marriage seminar combines the resources of Asbury University and Asbury Theological Seminary. The registration costs do not pay the leaders & mentors for these weekends. Their time and talents are given freely to honor God and invest in each couples' preparation for marriage. For more information, contact the Center for Counseling.