Graduate Education Degree Requirements
FOR M.A. AND M.A.T. DEGREE PROGRAMS
Admission To Degree Status (Gate 5)
The student must meet all of the following requirements to be admitted into degree status.
1. Completed degree status application form.
2. Successful completion of a minimum nine (9) semester hours at Asbury University.
3. Minimum of 3.00 grade point average on all graduate coursework completed.
4. Three professional references with disposition ratings.
5. Successful submission of Entry Professional Portfolio.
6. For students seeking initial certification in any Graduate Education Program: successful formal interview demonstrating critical thinking, communication, creativity, and collaboration as well as demonstrating professional dispositions expected of professional educators.
All candidates seeking teacher certification are to take the appropriate PRAXIS II Specialty Area Examination(s) and Principles of Learning and Teacher Examination(s) in order to be certified. Contact the Graduate Education Office for a list of tests required for each program area.
A bachelors’ degree is a pre-requisite to all of the Master of Arts degree programs. Additional pre-requisites may be required for each program. All of these programs lead to Kentucky certification.
Granting Of the M.A. or M.A.T. Degree (Gate 6)
The actual granting of the M.A. or M.A.T. degree requires completion of the following:
1. Successful completion of all coursework.
2. Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
3. Minimum of 30.0 hours of graduate coursework.
4. Successful submission of Professional Portfolio.
5. Successful completion of Action Research and Project Presentation.
6. Application for graduation approved by the Registrar. Graduation Application
FOR THE ED.S. DEGREE, PRINCIPAL LICENSURE PROGRAM
Exiting the Principal Licensure Program (Gate 8)
Exit from Level I of the Principal Licensure Program includes the following requirements:
1. 3.00 GPA
2. Satisfactory Field Component Performance
3. Capstone Project
4. Anchor Assessments
5. Successful completion of KLA
6. Successful completion of SLLA
Exiting Level II of the Principal Licensure Program (Gate 9)
Exit from Level II Program includes the following requirements:
1. 3.00 GPA
2. Work Samples demonstrating application of Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards and impact on student achievement
3. To graduate with a degree Ed.S. candidates must complete the application for graduation and be approved by the Registrar. Graduation Application
In conjunction with completion of the Principal Licensure Program candidates may also acquire Instructional Supervisor Licensure
2014-2015 BULLETIN 08/13/2014