APPLICATION PROCESS FOR ADMISSION TO THE MBA PROGRAM
- MBA Application. Students can apply online at www.asbury.edu/apply .
- Transcripts. Have all official transcripts for undergraduate and graduate work sent directly from the credit-granting institution to:
MBA Program Admissions
One Macklem Drive
Wilmore, KY 40390
- GMAT or GRE Test Scores. Submit GMAT or GRE scores to the Asbury University MBA Program.
- Letters of Recommendation. Provide at least (2) two letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to objectively assess the quality of the student’s character, capabilities, accomplishments, and overall potential as an MBA student and future business leader. Letters may be written directly to the MBA Program or submitted with the application sealed and signed by the letter writers.
- Resume. Submit a current resume by email to MBA@asbury.edu.
- Essay. Complete the Short Essay (1 page or less). For essay guidelines email MBA@asbury.edu
- Community Expectations. Sign and submit the Asbury University Community Expectations Statement.
- English Language Proficiency. International students (with the exception of those who hold a degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education) must submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (written or computer exam), and the Test of Written English. International students can also submit the official results of the IBT (internet based test) for the TOEFL or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Admission Requirements for the MBA Program
- Completed MBA application materials.
- Undergraduate degree and Transcripts. Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework from accredited institutions. Applicants should possess a four-year undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 point scale.
- GMAT or GRE Scores. There is no minimum score requirement. The average GMAT or GRE score for those admitted will vary depending on the pool of applications received. It is expected that the average score will exceed 545 for the GMAT and 150 for the GRE.
- TOEFL. Students are expected to have a strong command of English to be successful in the program and later in their career. A TOEFL score above 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer-based test) and a score of 4.5 on the Test of Written English (TWE) meets this expectation. An IBT exam score of 79 would be equivalent to the TOEFL.
- Work Experience. While work experience is preferred, there is no minimum requirement. Work experience and test scores are considered together to gauge the readiness of the student for graduate business success.
- Interview. All applicants must interview with the MBA program via Skype or in person. The interview is another source to gauge whether or not the applicant is prepared for the success in the program.
- Transfer Credits. A maximum of 9 Graduate course credits can be transferred from an accredited institution. Transfer credit is evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Pre-MBA Foundation Requirements
Generally, it is assumed that students have completed a degree in business administration or accounting (major or minor) or possess a mastery of pre-MBA skills and knowledge. However, many students will come from non-business backgrounds, or need to refresh their basic business knowledge. Certification of pre-MBA foundation courses may be satisfied in one of the following options:
- Earn at least a “C” in these pre-requisite courses at Asbury:
BU 100 Introduction to Business and Personal Finance
ECN 100 Principles of Economics
ACC 100 Foundations of Accounting
MAT 131 Finite Mathematics for Business
[These course credits will not be counted toward fulfillment of the MBA degree.]
- Passing equivalent courses at another accredited school online or via correspondence courses.
- Passing college-level proficiency (CLEP) examinations.
- Successfully completing Series 1 and 2 of the Institute for Business Management and Leadership Excellence.
2014-15 Bulletin 08/11/2014