Adult Professional Studies Admission
WILMORE, ORLANDO and ONLINE
Mr. J. Fee, Director
Dr. M. Cuckler - Associate Director, Orlando
The mission of the Adult Professional Studies (APS) Program is to provide a quality academic program, within a Christian context, that equips nontraditional students to Adult Professional Studies professional excellence in their chosen field. The Adult Professional Studies Program prepares students for leadership and service to others, cultivates attitudes of lifelong learning, and fosters spiritual development.
WHEN TO APPLY
Asbury University has a rolling admission policy. Applications for admission are accepted throughout the calendar year. Students are encouraged to apply for admission at the earliest possible date. An early application for admission provides optimal opportunity for financial aid awards, and course selection. Applications are accepted for the fall or spring semesters.
HOW TO APPLY
Email the APS Admissions Office: APS@asbury.edu
Phone: For the Wilmore, KY or Online campuses - (859) 858-3511 ext. 2600
For the Orlando, FL campus - (407)-482-7620
Completed admissions materials may be mailed to:
APS Wilmore Admissions Office
One Macklem Drive
Wilmore, Kentucky 40390
APS Orlando Admissions Office
Valencia College Ln.
Orlando, FL 32825
1. Student must be 23 or 24 years of age with two years of full-time work experience or 25 years of age or older.
2. Completion of a minimum of 39 semester credit hours with a grade C- or better from an accredited institution of higher learning. All student need to be aware that this is 124 hour degree program.
3. Applicants must request each college or university previously attended to send an official transcript directly to the Asbury Adult Professional Studies Program office. Hand carried transcripts are not acceptable.
4. Application form and non-refundable $35 application fee.
5. Two satisfactory references--one from current or previous employer and one personal (non-family) reference.
[ALL TRANSCRIPTS, whether high school or University, must be sent directly from that institution to the Admissions Office of Asbury University. Hand‑carried transcripts may be used for evaluation only. They are NOT acceptable as final, official transcripts.]
1. Admitted in Good Standing
2. Provisional Admission
Applicants will be notified of the decision in writing.
Former Asbury University students, those who have withdrawn from the University the previous semester and those who have failed to maintain continuous enrollment, must apply for re-admission. Student applying for re-admission must submit:
1. A completed Asbury University APS Application.
2. An official transcript of any course work from all institutions attended since the last Asbury University enrollment.
To be re-admitted, an applicant must be in good standing academically, socially and financially at Asbury University. An applicant not in good standing in one or more of these categories will be referred to the Admissions Review Committee for consideration.
Readmission is not automatically granted. In the event a former student is not readmitted, the university will provide the reason(s) in writing. The student may submit a request for reconsideration to the Adult Professional Studies Program Director whose decision then will be final.
2012-2013 BULLETIN 07/12/2012