Want to buy a new computer?
As a student or employee of Asbury University, you can receive discounts from Dell and Apple. Purchasing instructions are available here.
Want to use your own computer?
Four general-purpose computer labs are available to students, though most elect to have their own computer. If you do bring your own computer, the following applies:
- If your computer does not already have Ethernet built-in, you will need to purchase, install, and configure an Ethernet card. If needed, network cards and network cables are available locally.
- Information Technology Services will provide instructions for configuring your computer for the campus network.
- If needed, Information Technology Services can assist with basic software configuration in your dorm room, including installation of Microsoft Office.
- Basic software support is available for commonly used applications.
Things to note:
- You can purchase a Microsoft Office installation CD from the University Bookstore for a small fee.
- Due to limited Internet bandwidth, Asbury University does not support voice or video communication over the Internet. Video cameras and Internet phone software will not function properly through the campus Internet connection.
- Laptops are recommended because of their portability.
- You are not required to have your own computer. Computer labs are available on campus with all necessary software and printers.
- To connect your computer to the network, you will need:
- a network card (10/100Mb NIC card)
- a network cable (Cat 5)
Please feel free to call Information Technology Services Help Desk at 859-858-3511, ext. 2177 if you have any questions about purchasing a computer through our website.