Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach- Part-time position available in Athletics for the 2014-2015 season. The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach reports to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
• Exhibit and articulate evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Demonstrate and express evidence of current, practical knowledge of the sport of basketball.
• Convey knowledge, support, and commitment to uphold the philosophy of both Asbury University and the Asbury Athletic Department.
• Provide on-court and organizational support for the women’s basketball program through: attendance at practices in and out of season; attendance at home and away games; attendance at team meetings in and out of season; assist in organizing equipment, paperwork, and food for training camp and road trips; give counsel to the head coach concerning practice sessions and game strategy.
• Support the general administrative duties of the head coach including: travel itinerary preparation; prepare statistic reports; provide class excuses for team travel, arrange study hall program for athletes; implement team meal plan.
• Demonstrate professionalism at all times in conduct, appearance, and fulfillment of job responsibilities.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree required, 1-3 years basketball coaching experience preferred; college playing or coaching experience also preferred. A dynamic and committed Christian faith is vital along with the ability to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
To apply please submit a signed application, resume, and personal Christian testimony to the Human Resources Office.
Posted: 6/05/2014 Deadline: Until Filled