Director of Campus Safety and Security
Director of Campus Safety and Security- Full-time position available in Operations. The Director of Campus Safety and Security directs the daily operations of Security, Switchboard and Environmental Safety. In addition, serves as the coordinator for campus safety issues and training. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations.
• Provide oversight of all campus security operations including supervision of all security officers.
• Work with the V.P. of Operations and Human Resources office in the staffing of security employees.
• Serve as the security officer on-duty during regular business hours.
• Responsible for the scheduling of security officers for each shift and may be required to serve as fill-in as necessary.
• Responsible for the supervision of parking control and work with campus officials on parking planning. Issue warnings and fines for parking violations. Release unpaid fines to the Student Accounts Office. Is a non-voting member of the Student Parking Committee, and represents the University in appeals of parking fines by students.
• Inform department heads of any security or safety problems in their areas.
• Serve as contact with the Wilmore City Police department as necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining and reporting campus crime statistics.
• Provide oversight and supervision to the university switchboard staff.
• Work with the VP for Operations and Human Resources office in the staffing of employees.
• Responsible for scheduling of switchboard operators.
• Serves as chair of the campus safety committee.
• Work with the VP for Operations on the review, training, and implementation of the campus emergency response plan.
• Coordinate with appropriate university officials on identification and reducing of campus safety issues in their areas.
• Under the direction of the VP for Operations works with other university officials to implement appropriate safety training in their respective areas.
• Provide consultation and support on campus safety issues.
• Work with the campus safety committee, VP of Operations, and other university officials to coordinate accident investigations.
• Direct all operations associated with pick up, storage, treatment, and shipment of all Asbury hazardous waste.
• Develop a hazardous waste minimization program. Develop policies and procedures surrounding waste management.
• Manage vendor contracts for waste disposal. Provide environmental consulting services to Departments.
• Interpret applicable federal laws and regulations.
• Serve as the campus environmental coordinator for federal reporting purposes.
• Work with department heads to implement environmental safety management policies and procedures.
• Monitor and audit internal departments for compliance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Training: Bachelor’s degree required, MA in related field preferred. Outstanding directly related work experience may substitute. Minimum of 3 – 5 years of related work experience. Experience with supervision of staff is highly preferred.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, along with an ability to work well with a wide range of individuals. Ability to supervise staff on a variety of schedules. In addition, strong computer and analytical skills are a must. Scheduling flexibility is needed for afterhours or weekend availabiltiy to supervise a staff that works around the clock.
Finally, the candidate should be able to demonstrate a vital, personal relationship with Christ and be an active participant in a local church body. Must be able to support the University’s theological position, lifestyle standards and mission.
A background check and physical exam are required for this position.
To apply please print and submit signed employment application, addendum with essay answers and resume to the Human Resources office. The application and addendum are attached below.
Posted: 02/04/2014 Deadline: Until Filled