Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Director of Undergraduate Admissions – Full-time position available in the Enrollment Management department. The Director of Undergraduate Admissions manages all recruitment and admissions functions in fulfilling the mission and goals of Asbury University under the direction of the Vice President for Enrollment Management. Director also works on a strategic enrollment team in fulfilling the overall enrollment goals of the university
• Assist in the development of strategies to attract, recruit, and enroll a diverse student body that supports the overall mission and enrollment goals of the College.
• Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate professional admissions staff.
• Assist in the formulation, analysis, and management of departmental budgets.
• Plan, direct, evaluate, and participate in all recruitment/outreach activities.
• Assist in the development of promotional literature, advertisements, and display materials.
• Enlist the aid of the campus community including faculty, administration, students, staff and alumni in the College’s recruitment programs.
• Work closely with the Director of Enrollment systems in the maintenance of data systems and records.
• Provide periodic status reports and trend analysis to senior leadership.
• Oversee and supervise the evaluation of completed applicant files and the communication of admission decisions.
• Chair the Admissions Review Committee providing evaluation of all applicants failing to meet the admissions standards of the College.
• Participate in Strategic Enrollment team and other Enrollment related committees as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Master’s degree and at least five years of progressively responsible admissions or marketing experience is preferred. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills; strict attention to details; demonstrated ability to work with faculty, students and staff; self-motivated, goal oriented, strategic thinker, and able to work both independently and as part of an enrollment team. Experience in selection and supervision of professional staff is important, and experience in developing and overseeing a budget is essential. An enthusiasm for and commitment to Christian liberal arts and sciences, along with a maturing Christian faith are necessary.
To apply please print and submit signed employment application, addendum with essay answers and resume to the Human Resources office. The application and addendum are attached below.
Posted: 12/20/2013 Deadline: Until filled