Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager - New position now available. The Social Media Manager works as part of the Office of Public Relations team on the development of strategy, implementation and enforcement, staying within branding and messaging structures — of social media policies that help foster a positive public awareness of Asbury University. The Social Media Manager is the University’s liaison to all of its schools, departments, staff, faculty and students as it relates to all means of social media (to include, but not restricted to: Blogger, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus, YouTube, MySpace, Wordpress, wikis, etc.) The Social Media Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
• Work with the OPR team to ensure proliferation of and consistency in all University social media outlets — the University's message, visual presentation and graphic standards.
• Manage the University’s Social Media Policy by working with the Director of Marketing and Communications on any policy changes and individual departments related to production.
• Develop and distribute, working with the Director of Marketing and Communications, a comprehensive social media strategy that will increase visibility, traffic across all departments, but in particular meets goals related to enrollment and fundraising.
• The SMM will create and post all content for every social media account that represents the University as a whole (not individual departments).
• The SMM will supervise students and work with staff in the production of videos, and all other imagery to be posted on social media outlets.
• Facilitate, working with all University department-appointed social media administrators, the creation of all social media outlets/options for that department.
• Mentor in working with all University department-appointed social media administrators — those that administer, create content and post for individual social media outlets — to help them manage messaging and production goals and schedules within their particular outlets.
• The SMM is responsible for quality control (monitoring) of social media content delivered by individual departments.
• The SMM should stay current with social media trends, software and hardware operation, developments and upgrades, and track/report results using analytics to measure/gauge success.
• The SMM should identify and pursue opportunities to syndicate social media content beyond its own platforms.
• The SMM may be asked to direct any outside agencies or free-lancers on a given project, as well
as manage any social media-focused student workers/interns within the OPR department.
• May coordinate bid process with production vendors and maintain relationship with said vendors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experiene: Bachelor’s degree and at least three years experience as a professional in the social media field, managing multiple digital and social media outlets for an organization that has a strong external presence. Proficient working with a large number of popular/successful social media outlets. Comfortable working in creative team settings as well as working independently. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong technical background (advanced computer skills) and knowledge of graphic design best practices (principles for both print and web projects). Experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suites (Photoshop, Indesign, etc.) and strong understanding of HTML and CSS. Experience with monitoring platforms (such as Google Analytics, YouTube Insights, TweetDeck, etc.) Video production experience (shooting and editing) — must supply samples. Skill-set plusses would include experience with photography, web-based design and/or programming.
The Social Media Manager should be intimately familiar with and thoroughly committed to the mission, vision and heritage of Asbury University possessing the ability to relate to and communicate with the various constituencies of the institution in an effective manner. The Social Media Manager must model the spiritual, personal, and professional qualities described in the University’s Handbook for Community Life and should be active in the Church and committed to the fundamental doctrines of the Wesleyan and Holiness movements.
To apply please submit signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources Office.
Posted 10/10/2013 Deadline: Until filled