Graphic Designer- New full-time position now available in the Office of Public Relations. The Graphic Designer works as part of the Office of Public Relations team on the creation of quality products that help foster a positive public awareness of Asbury University. The Graphic Designer prepares communication projects for a variety of media. The Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
• Work with the OPR team to ensure consistency in the University's visual presentation and graphic standards.
• Create design concepts which support projects and communications objectives.
• Prepare communications projects for a variety of media: print, web, PowerPoint, video, and social media.
• Organize and catalog design projects, graphic images, photography, and publication samples.
• Prepare materials for pre-press production including specifications.
• Manage production schedule and delivery of projects.
• Stay current with graphic trends, software and hardware operation, developments and upgrades.
• May coordinate bid process with production vendors and maintain relationship with said vendors.
• The Graphic Designer is responsible for quality control of projects delivered by student workers/interns. The Graphic Designer may also be asked to direct any outside agencies or free-lancers on a given project.
• Accept other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree required and at least two years experience as a professional graphic designer in the fields of communications, public relations, marketing and/or print magazines.
Proficient in latest Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office and have extensive experience in preparing files for pre-press/printing. Comfortable working in a creative team settings as well as working independently. Possess strong creativity and design skills, and pays close attention to detail. Organized and a good with time management. Skill-set advantages include experience with photography, web-based programming, and/or video shooting and/or editing.
The Graphic Designer should be intimately familiar with and thoroughly committed to the mission, vision and heritage of Asbury University possessing the ability to relate to and communicate with the various constituencies of the institution in an effective manner. The Graphic Designer must model the spiritual, personal, and professional qualities described in the University’s Handbook for Community Life and should be active in the Church and committed to the fundamental doctrines of the Wesleyan and Holiness movements.
To apply please submit signed employment application and resume to the Human Resources office.
Posted 8/16/2013 Deadline: Until filled