Head Athletic Trainer
Head Athletic Trainer- Full-time ten month position available. The Head Athletic Trainer reports to the Athletic Director.
- Exhibit and Articulate evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Invest in the total development and welfare of each student athlete including, spiritual, educational, moral, social and athletic maturation.
- Knowledgeable of, support and uphold the philosophy of Asbury University and the Asbury University Athletic Department.
- Know and follow appropriate policies and guidelines of both NCAA/NAIA and the Asbury Athletic Department in all areas.
- Develop overall sports medicine program including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student athletes.
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s athletic department, including attendance at all scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete.
- Responsible for the formation of the University’s athletic training staff, including hiring, training, supervising and scheduling for all team practices and competitions.
- Assist Athletic Director in the development of the sports medical program budget.
- Evaluate and recommend new techniques and equipment that would enhance the benefit of the sports medical program.
- Attend all staff meetings of the Athletic Department and provide support to coaches and student athletes.
- Teach 12 hours (6 fall/6 spring) within the HPER department at the discretion of the HPER Chair and based on curricular needs.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and 2-5 years professional experience required. Certification by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and State Athletic Training Licensure required.
To apply, please send signed application, resume and written Christian testimony to the Human Resources Office.
Posted: 2/25/2013 Deadline: Until filled