Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Technician - Full time position available immediately. This position will be responsible for checking the HVAC systems. The HVAC technician reports to the Assistant Director of the Physical Plant.
- Check cafeteria refrigeration and routine electrical maintenance throughout the campus.
- Refrigerator and air-conditioner repair; geothermal systems repair; furnace repair; chiller operation and maintenance.
- Demonstrate experience in automated building controls, sequence of operations for HVAC systems, central boiler plant operation and appliance repair.
- Must be available to respond to emergency on-call situations after 11:00 pm – 7:30 am one night per week and one weekend a month.
- Must be able to climb ladders, may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally, and move heavy equipment.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Education and Preferred Experience: High School diploma or the equivalent required, two years of technical preferred. The right candidate will have 8 years related experience; universal level certification for freon required. Ky. license for HVAC installation journeyman required. This position is considered essential and must be able to report to work when the institution is closed due to extreme weather. Position requires successful completion of pre-employment physical exam and background check. To apply for this position please submit your resume and a signed employment application to the Asbury University Human Resources Office, 1 Macklem Drive, Wilmore, KY 40390. Posted: 12/19/2012 Deadline: Until filled