Writing Your Reflection Paper
A Reflection Paper is due within 30 days of the end of the trip, unless receiving course credit from a professor. The paper must be four pages in length, double-spaced, 12 pt font.
Questions & Ideas to Consider When Writing Your Reflection Paper
- The purpose of this paper is to share any new insights/understandings about:
- The American culture
- The Church
- Your vocation/call
- The culture visited
- What did you observe?
- Who did you meet?
- What did you learn from them?
- How did you rely on God most?
- Did you experience His forgiveness? Grace? Comfort? Prompting?
- Who are the people that most represented Christ to you?
- Did anything surprise you?
- Perhaps you could describe a significant moment – difficult or touching.
- Did you participate in any significant event?
- Did you learn any new skills?
- What did you learn about your values concerning: time, work, communication, other?
- In ten words or less, what title would you use to summarize this trip?
- What’s next?