What Do I Need To Do?
BEFORE YOU GO:
STEP 1: CCE FORM
- Submit a Cross-Cultural Experience Form to CCE office
STEP 2: PRE-EXPERIENCE ASSESSMENTS
- An online survey link from the Cross-Cultural Experience office will be sent to you prior to your trip.
If traveling with Asbury University faculty/staff or a Partner Agency, you must complete the following:
- TRAVEL FORMS
- Health Information and Release Form
- Informal Consent and Release of Liability
- Safety and Security Information Resouces
- Contingencies for Specif Health Needs
- Miscellaneous Understandings and Agreements
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IDENTIFICATION CARD (ISIC)
- Submit ISIC Information Form
- Submit receipt for ISIC fee payment from Cashier's Office
- Submit ID/passport photo (may be taken in CCE office)
STEP 3: SIX CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS
- A minimum of six consecutive nights in an approved cross-cultural environment
AFTER YOU GO:
STEP 4: REFLECTION PAPER (see below for rubric)
- Must be submitted within 30 days of return
- Four pages, double-spaced, 12 pt font
STEP 5: POST-EXPERIENCE ASSESSMENTS
- Two online surveys (Post-Experience Assessment and Experience Assessment) will be sent to you to complete.
STEP 6: PASSPORT VERIFICATION
- Bring in your passport for travel date verification.
Stateside Experience: Bring in a letter from trip supervisor verifying engagement in culture for at least 6 consecutive nights.
RUBRIC FOR REFLECTION PAPER:
Your Reflection Paper will be evaluated according to your experiences, insights, understandings, and observations in four specific areas:
1. CULTURE: language, customs and traditions, worldview (values and norms), food, art, economics, education, family, government
2. RELIGION: rituals, sacred places, symbols, services, comparative religion
3. INTERACTION: events festivals, one-on-one encounters, leadershp activities, services
4. IMPACT: personal growth,challenges, insight, life direction, what's next?
Students should strive to discuss at least three examples from EACH of the four categories.