What to Bring
We recommend that you contact your roommate before purchasing larger shared items for your dorm room.
What you should bring…
- Residence Hall Linens: Asbury University has extra long mattresses, so you'll want to buy "Twin XL" sheets. These can be found at most chain stores - Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. Also, we have partnered with Residence Hall Linens since 2005. They offer a huge variety of custom-sized linens guaranteed to fit your residence hall bed and to last until graduation. They also provide many other items that you may want to check out.
- Shower Caddy
- Iron (ironing boards are available in the residence halls)
- Laundry basket, HE laundry detergent
- Telephone (if you plan to use the on-campus phone system). There is one phone jack per room. The campus phone system includes a private voicemail box for each student. A room phone is a matter of personal choice but is a good idea if you have no cell phone or have limited minutes on your plan.
- Alarm clock, etc.
You may want to bring…
- Drying rack
- Television (there is one cable TV jack per room)
- Window covering if desired (note that only shades or mini blinds are supplied)
- Lamp (No halogen lamps)
- Dorm-sized cube refrigerator
You should know…
- State health and fire regulations prohibit cooking in individual rooms. Appliances with a heating element are permitted only in designated areas.
- Wireless internet will be available in the dorms, and there will also be internet ports in the walls. Wireless routers are not necessary.