- School of Graduate and Professional Studies Home
- About GPS
- Spiritual Vitality
- Student Services
- Alumni & Partners
- GPS News
Center for Career and Calling
The Center for Career and Calling exists to assist students in developing effective career decision-making and employment skills reflective of God’s unique calling on their lives. We accomplish this by helping students through:
- Identifying one’s talents, skills, values, interests and personality to explore and make informed choices on academic majors and career options.
- Creating goals and developing a career plan.
- Facilitating internship, job and/or graduate school searches.
- Creating resumes, cover letters, and an online personal brand, and preparing for interviews.
- Networking and providing recruiting opportunities from employers and graduate schools.
Career services for GPS students:
- PROFESSIONAL/CAREER DEVELOPMENT - Year-round access to career-related workshops/events/job fairs our office coordinates (see updated list at www.asbury.edu/career)
- ONLINE JOB POSTINGS - Access to the online internship and job board at www.asbury.edu/career (postings from employers specifically interested in candidates from Asbury)
- CAREER RESOURCES AND JOB PREPARATION - Asbury University LibGuides online career resources (resume writing, job search tools, etc) on our website
- ONE-ON-ONE CONSULTATION - Free one-time consultation throughout the academic year with a Career and Calling staff member (by appointment only) in-person, by phone or by Skype.
- CAREER TOOLS - Career assessment costs: MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory $12 at all times, StrengthsFinder $12.50 at all times