Colonal Franklin Morrison - 1999 A Award Recipient
Bio from 1999:
Col Franklin Morrison's entire life has been intertwined with the history of Asbury College. He is one of the only Asburians to have received education from first grade through bachelor degree on the Asbury College campus. He graduated from Bethel Academy in 1919 and remained on campus to complete his undergraduate degree in chemistry. The son of the late College president, Dr. H.C. Morrison and his wife, Geneva, Col. Morrison grew up in Wilmore.
Perhaps weary of staying in one place for such a long time, Col. Morrison's varied post-collegiate career took him far and wide. He continued his studies at Ohio State University and the University of Cincinnati. In 1926, he worked as a chemist with Florida Power and Light. He returned to Kentucky to serve as director of circulation for the Pentecostal Publishing Company. For a time, he taught at Bethel Academy. In Ohio, he served as a classroom teacher in the public schools. In his hearly 20 years in the U.S. Air Force, he attained the rank of First Lietenant Colonel and served Europe, Japan and Labrador.
Beyond his professional career, Col. Morrison was actively involved in the leadership of Boy Scouts of America.
Wherever he finds his home, Col. Morrison is an active churchman, whether serving on the chaplain's committee of the Protestant Chapel at Goosebay Air Base or participating in more than 84 Lay Witness missions. For more than 20 years, he taught the adult class at the Ridgewood United Methodist Church in his hometown of Parma, Ohio. Among his many accomplishments, he notes earning his local preacher's license in the Danville (Kentucky) District of the Methodist Episcopal Church South in 1925.
Col. Morrison and his wife, Norma, are the parents of two sons.
Other 1999 A Award Recipients:
Dr. Bobby Ray Martin '59
Dr. Jack Ewing '74