What are the Asbury University MSW admission requirements?
• Completed undergraduate degree
• Completed Prerequisite Courses or Plan for Completion prior to matriculation (Statistics,Introductions to Psychology & Sociology, 9 semester hours in Humanities)
• Minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA
Advanced Standing Program
• BSW degree completed in the last 10 years from a CSWE accredited school including a class in Statistics
• Minimum of 3.25 cumulative GPA
Is the program offered online?
Do I have to take the GRE to get into the MSW program?
What does the Asbury University MSW program cost?
• Tuition for 2015-16 is $576/credit hour.
Additional Course Fees:
SWG 550 & SWG 650 - $300 for each course
SWG 590 & SWG 690 - $150 for each course
SWG 720 - $40
Is financial aid available?
• Yes. Students must submit a FAFSA to determine their qualifications for federal aid.
What is the application deadline for Asbury University's MSW program?
• All application materials, including transcripts and references, should be received no later than one month before the first day of the semester in which you intend to enroll. Completed applications are reviewed on a “rolling schedule” once admission packets are complete and space in the program remains available.
How are classes offered in the Asbury University MSW program?
• Afternoons and evenings (Note: It is not possible to complete the program through evening classes only.)
Is there a new student orientation for graduate students?
• Yes. New student orientations are held at the beginning of each academic year, and all new students are required to attend.
How long does it take to finish the program?
• The full-time program is to be completed in two academic years.
• The advanced standing program (for BSW degree holders) requires a summer term, followed by one full time academic year.