Overview - Master of Business Administration
Our program framework:
Sustainable, innovative wealth creation in the economy, as well as viable, effective social institutions in the non-profit sector, require sophisticated management skills grounded in a robust understanding of ethics and Christian virtues. Asbury University’s MBA program, launched initially in an online format, educates men and women from around the world in a graduate management curriculum that will enable them to translate their passion for products, services, outreach, or ideas into viable enterprises that generate the greatest possible results for the economy and society. Our program embeds prudential and Biblical principles into inquiry across the traditional fields of MBA study, an entrepreneurial theme across all courses and the capstone project, and a focus on business as mission. Students who complete our program will be poised to provide effective leadership in management, with integrity and conscience, across a broad range of careers and organizations.
Our program goals: Students who complete Asbury’s MBA program will…
- Understand the role, responsibilities, and purposes of business and management from a Christian perspective, and how faith can be integrated into contemporary organizations.
- Be able to think creatively and with innovation about addressing commercial and social issues through entrepreneurial activities.
- Gain a global perspective on business, markets, and organizations.
- Develop leadership skills and behaviors necessary to function in a competitive, international environment.
- Demonstrate competency across core business disciplines.
- Understand decision-making tools and processes in order to analyze and critically evaluate strategic business challenges across business disciplines.
- Communicate clearly and professionally across cultural contexts.