Whether you are trying to brainstorm an idea for a paper, want feedback on ideas you have written, need clarification on documentation styles, or need help with grammar and punctuation, we are available to meet with you!
Services we provide:
- one-on-one writing assistance at any stage of the writing process
- one-on-one writing sessions in conjunction with English 100 composition classes
- assistance with documentation styles and paper format
- help with a specific paper you are writing
How to set up an appointment:
- Stop by the Center for Academic Excellence to set up an appointment to meet with one of our tutors.
- You will need to come in a minimum of 48 hours before your paper is due to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments fill up quickly, so it is always a good idea to schedule ahead of time even if your paper is not completed when you make the appointment. You can always make an appointment and drop off your paper at a later specified date.
About our appointments:
- The length of appointments depends on the paper you bring in. We typically schedule 30-minute appointments, but they may be shorter or longer depending on the length of your paper and the amount of things the tutor needs to work on with you.
- We recognize the difference between tutoring and editing. Our tutors will assist you with your paper and the ways in which you can improve your paper. They will teach you how to fix the paper yourself (tutoring); they will not fix the paper for you and hand you a clean copy (editing).
- Tutors will provide supplemental handouts if they think it will be beneficial for you. We provide a full range of resources about writing, grammar, research, etc.
- At the end of your appointment, if you want to schedule another session to go over a revised draft, feel free to schedule another appointment before you leave that day!
- tip sheets and worksheets on grammar and punctuation topics
- tip sheets for documentation styles--APA, MLA, Chicago, AP
- grammar handbooks for consultation