1. Luce Center members who wish to make use of the weight room must be trained, by a Luce Center Staff member, on safety and proper care of the equipment. No one is allowed in the weight room without this training.
2. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the weight room at any time. Exceptions to the rule must be authorized by the facility coordinator or building supervisor.
3. Everyone who uses the equipment must wipe down the machines and benches immediately after use. Towels are available at the front desk or equipment room. No towel - No workout!
4. A spotter is required when using the free weight equipment.
5. Free weights and dumbbells should never be placed on upholstered benches or other equipment. Do not "drop" weight plates. Weights should not be thrown or dropped on benches or on the floor. Please put everything back in its proper place; weights, plates or collars are not to be moved from their assigned locations.
6. Athletic equipment, bags, or other gear are not permitted in the weight room. Please LOCK these items in the locker areas.
7. Only nylon weight belts are permitted on the Cybex machines.
8. No outdoor footwear (even athletic shoes worn outdoors) or shoes that cause marks are allowed in the weight room.
9. Body suits, biking shorts and other tight clothing are not appropriate - modest dress only.
10. NO JEANS, NO CARGO SHORTS, NO PANTS/SHORTS WITH ZIPPERS OR BUTTONS.(It tears up the pads.)
10. Please feel free to ask the supervisor on duty any questions concerning the equipment.