- Asbury University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Asbury University.
- The Asbury University School of Education is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board.
- The Asbury University Social Work Program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Asbury University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Christian Center for Urban Studies
- Christian College Consortium
- The College Board
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities
- Institute of Holy Land Studies
- Kentucky Independent College Foundation
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National Christian College Athletic Association
- Southeastern Library Network, Inc.